UPDATE (2017-11-22): Dojo Course 2 is released with new, updated videos!
Forms, tokens, projections? Command line scaffolding for themes and shapes? This is what the third Dojo Course tutorial is about.
- Continuously updated source code for the Course (you can upload the latest source in a zip from here)
- Using Custom Forms:
- Creating a content type for using as a form, with fields
- Creating a custom form with the newly created content type
- Using Workflows to run custom activities like sending an e-mail when a form is submitted
- Using tokens to create dynamic texts
- Using the Projector module to list content items:
- Creating queries to define which content items to list, in what order and how to display them
- Creating Projection Pages or Projection Widgets to display the result of the query
- Using Query Links in Navigation
- Starting with developing extensions: themes
- Using the command line tool, help
- Command line scaffolding: generating a theme with a separate project and adding it to our custom solution
- Basic settings for your theme with Theme.txt: Name, BaseTheme (inheritance)
- Using the Shape Tracing feature to reveal how the layout is built up, notion of shapes
Remember: if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them by creating a new issue in the Orchard issue tracker with the "discussion" label. Make sure to prefix your thread's title with "Dojo Course - "! We keep an eye on these issues.
Haven't you enrolled yet? Why not do it some time in the near future like right now?