Content Part development continued - Dojo CourseTutorial, Dojo Course, Content part, Module, Shape
UPDATE (2017-11-22): Dojo Course 2 is released with new, updated videos!
This week on Dojo Course we are giving life to our content part by adding several Orchard-y code pieces to it, though the result is far from being Frankenstein-like. While doing that, we also discover some interesting and useful pieces of the Orchard API.
- Creating a migration for our Contents feature.
- Difference between ContentPartRecord and ContentPartVersionRecord: versioning content parts.
- Making your content part attachable to content types (on the Admin UI).
- Creating a content type using migrations and attaching parts to it.
- Creating a handler for our content part to do some plumbing (e.g. StorageFilter).
- Creating a driver for our content part to cover server-side part of the the user interface interaction.
- How displaying a shape works, what is DisplayType?
- Shape templates (also editors) and using Placement.
- Using InfosetPart to store a part's data in the content item's XML infoset document. This eliminates content part record lazy loading, providing a significant performance gain.
- The importance of driver shape factories.
- How to make your content part support importing and exporting?
Remember: if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them by creating a new issue in the Orchard issue tracker with the "discussion" label. Make sure to prefix your thread's title with "Dojo Course - "! We keep an eye on these issues. Also follow us on Twitter to get notified about the latest Dojo Course news, including when a new tutorial is posted.
Do you have some feedback about the course? Please send it in.
Haven't you enrolled yet? Why not do it some time in the near future like right now?