Data storage and content part development - Dojo CourseTutorial, Dojo Course, Module
UPDATE (2017-11-22): Dojo Course 2 is released with new, updated videos!
How to upgrade my table schema? How to store and retrieve records from my tables? How do I upgrade from using a plain set of records to using a content part? This week on Dojo Course we are moving on to uncover the mysteries of content parts.
- Making modifications to your Migrations classes: how to use the update methods.
- Quick recap on Dependency Injection and creating a service class to handle our records.
- Benedek has problems with typing when he knows he's being watched (actually, Zoltán as well) :).
- Difference between requiring a single and list of dependencies.
- How to (and how not to) use IRepository<T> to store and retreive records.
- Based on what we learned about records, we are starting to develop our first content part.
- Dividing your module into features (subset of functionalities) and declaring dependencies between them.
- Assigning pieces of code to specific features using the OrchardFeature attribute.
Remember: if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them by creating a new issue in the Orchard issue tracker with the "discussion" label. Make sure to prefix your thread's title with "Dojo Course - "! We keep an eye on these issues. Also follow us on Twitter to get notified about the latest Dojo Course news, including when a new tutorial is posted.
Do you have some feedback about the course? Please send it in.
Haven't you enrolled yet? Why not do it some time in the near future like right now?
Abhishek Luv said
Awesome video. Waiting for the next one.
Benedek Farkas said
Thanks! If all goes well, we'll publish the next one tomorrow.
Евгений (Evgeny) said
Хороший урок, ждем продолжения!
In Orchard 1.7 ,when i trying to add a module manually through command line
using "codegen" command it says "codegen is not a valid command".....
can you help me..!!!
Zoltán Lehóczky said
That's because you don't have the codegen feature enabled. Run this command to enable it: feature enable Orchard.CodeGeneration
I think the issue with the Person repository around the 1hr mark was because you were trying to call the .Fetch on the .Table but it should have been one step up, straight off the IRepository class.