Diving into the Orchard API - Dojo CourseTutorial, Dojo Course, Authorization, LazyField, Permissions, Content management, Content part, Module, Resource manifest, Shape
UPDATE (2017-11-22): Dojo Course 2 is released with new, updated videos!
This week on Dojo Course we dive into the Orchard API, use some of the build-in services and extending the capabilities of our module to make it even better!
- Using LazyField<T> to load data lazily so they are only loaded when we really need them.
- Using Work<T> to load dependencies lazily so they are only resolved when we really need them.
- Applying the [Admin] attribute for admin-related
- Getting to know an other Orchard service: IAuthorizer.
- Creating our own permissions by implementing the IPermissionProvider.
- Using the ContentManager so we can finally work with content items!
- Generating ad-hoc shapes and matching them to an actual template.
- Implementing the IResourceManifestProvider interface for managing static resources.
Remember: if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them by creating a new issue in the Orchard issue tracker with the "discussion" label. Make sure to prefix your thread's title with "Dojo Course - "! We keep an eye on these issues. Also follow us on Twitter to get notified about the latest Dojo Course news, including when a new tutorial is posted.
Do you have some feedback about the course? Please send it in.
Haven't you enrolled yet? Why not do it some time in the near future like right now?