UPDATE (2017-11-22): Dojo Course 2 is released with new, updated videos!
Dojo Course is almost over, so we move on to the spicy parts of the Orchard API that enable you to do really interesting things!
- An in-depth recap on what we did so far in our PersonList feature.
- Content querying: using Orchard's LINQ-like API, the IContentManager service to retreive content pieces (including usage and optimization points).
- How to integrate your features into the administration menu?
- Running code periodically using background tasks.
- Running code at a specified time using scheduled tasks.
- Creating system-wide event handlers to be able to communicate with other pieces of logic in an even more loosely tied way.
- And a little addition to migrations: you can implement an Uninstall method in your Migrations class to add some logic which will run when your feature is being removed from a system (hopefully nobody will use it ;) ).
- Stay tuned for the (really) last part of the Dojo Course before Christmas!
Remember: if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them by creating a new issue in the Orchard issue tracker with the "discussion" label. Make sure to prefix your thread's title with "Dojo Course - "! We keep an eye on these issues. Also follow us on Twitter to get notified about the latest Dojo Course news, including when a new tutorial is posted.
Do you have some feedback about the course? Please send it in.