We plan to provide the following certifications with corresponding examinations in the near future. The aim is to have a fair, concise and transparent way of gauging one's expertise in Orchard.
Dojo Certified Orchard User
Certified Orchard Users posses a holistic view of the concepts behind Orchard, from a user's perspective. Persons who want to gain this certification have to prove that they have the necessary knowledge to complete the following tasks:
- Editing content items, managing versions
- Editing content types
- Managing site settings
- Managing users, permissions and roles
- Installing modules and themes
- Using Projector queries to fetch lists of content items and creating Projection Pages and Projection Widgets
- Managing navigation
- Creating forms
- Media management
The above roughly corresponds to the content of the User training package.
Dojo Certified Orchard Developer
Certified Orchard Developers have a strong understanding of Orchard concepts from a developer's perspective. They can create modules and themes for the most common development scenarios on their own. Persons who want to gain this certification have to prove that they have the necessary knowledge to complete the following tasks:
- Creating a theme
- Understanding shapes, alternates and placement; creating shapes
- Creating a module
- Using Orchard services
- Ways of storing data
- Developing custom content
- Writing common Orchard providers
- Ways of optimization and profiling
The above roughly correspond to the Theme developer and Developer training packages.
Dojo Certified Advanced Orchard Developer
Certified Advanced Orchard Developers already are Certified Orchard Developers. Advanced Developers are capable of using advanced APIs of Orchard as well.
- Storing settings
- Writing unit tests
- Writing advanced Orchard providers
- Advanced shape management
The above roughly correspond to the Advanced developer training package.
Dojo Certified Orchard Trainer
Certified Orchard Trainers not only have mastered the usage and development of Orchard but are also capable of passing on their knowledge.