- How to write code?
- Agree on and follow common guidelines and conventions
- Importance of documentation
- How to share code and other application data?
- Version control best practices:
- Branching strategy
- 3rd party modules and themes in subrepositories
- Main repo: cloned Orchard repo or copied source (see "Ways of source controlling an Orchard solution")
- Proper exclusion filters
- Share dev database snapshot or dev recipe
- Share differential recipes for code changes
- How to communicate?
- Issue tracking best practices
- Knowledge management best practices
- Optionally: continuous integration practices and the Hosting Suite
Time requirement: 1h 30m
This page and many others here are part of the open-source, portable package of Orchard 1.x goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library for Orchard 1.x. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!
Note that the Library also has an Orchard Core version, check it out here!