- Placement: shape name, zone, weight
- Matching (DisplayType, ContentType, Path)
- Placement editor on Admin UI (only for reordering)
- Approaches to building a new theme:
- Top-down: how to convert an existing site build to an Orchard theme
- Bottom-up: building on top of an existing theme (e.g. TheThemeMachine, Pretty Good Base Theme), using it as the base theme, how to create a new theme from a given design suite
- View engines (Razor, ASPX, PHP)
Time requirement: 1h 0m
Dependencies: Getting started in theme development
Parent topic: Theme development
This page and many others here are part of the open-source, portable package of Orchard 1.x goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library for Orchard 1.x. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!
Note that the Library also has an Orchard Core version, check it out here!