- Structure (i.e. "Anatomy of a theme"):
- Explaining Theme.txt: BaseTheme and Zones
- Command line scaffolding
- Notion of shapes, tree of shapes
- The notion and use of the Layout shape (and the Document shape), checking it out with the debugger
- Using Shape Tracing
- Shape templates and important view variables (e.g. WorkContext, Layout, Model), T-strings
- Alternates and overrides (templates, stylesheets, scripts); Url Alternates and Widget Alternates
- Writing editor and display shape templates, explaining Model object usage
- Ad-hoc shapes
- Static resources: styles/scripts (how to include/require them) and resource manifests
Time requirement: 2h 0m
Parent topic: Theme development
This page and many others here are part of the open-source, portable package of Orchard 1.x goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library for Orchard 1.x. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!
Note that the Library also has an Orchard Core version, check it out here!