UPDATE (2017-11-22): Dojo Course 2 is released with new, updated videos!
What is Orchard, how to begin with Orchard? Our first Dojo Course tutorial introduces Orchard to the newcomers.
The notes for this tutorial:
- Orchardproject.net (documentation)
- Technological stack
- Rough overview of the course structure
- How to download, how to run -> GitHub repository, source package for devs
- Run from WebMatrix (download from App Gallery)
- Basic settings in WM, database
- Installation: DB layers, database providers, recipes
- Content types, content parts and fields, content items
- Content versioning and soft delete
- Installing modules and themes from the Gallery
- User management, roles and permissions
- Widgets, Layers, Zones, Layer rules, how a widget's generated source looks like
Remember: if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask them by creating a new issue in the Orchard issue tracker with the "discussion" label. Make sure to prefix your thread's title with "Dojo Course - "! We keep an eye on these issues.
Haven't you enrolled yet? Why not do it some time in the near future like right now?