Start Date: 2/11/2013 11:00:00 AM
End Date: 5/13/2013 1:00:00 PM
The world-wide first Orchard university course started in February, 2013 at Óbuda University in Budapest, Hungary, with 23 students subscribed. The attendees were guided through the basics of the administrative usage of Orchard, then the basics of ASP.NET MVC, theme development and module development. Our two lessons per week covered the most important parts of module development so students got the necessary knowledge to expand their Orchard skills further on their own.
Students got their marks on their team projects: every team (consisting of maximum four students) developed and presented an Orchard application with a custom-developed theme and module. These were the final projects, delivered:
- a website's design which hosts tutorials for a certain image editor application, mostly theme development
- a personal website for a stylist with a nice theme and a custom-developed voting module
- a website built around recipes with self-developed content and some theme development
- a website for buying and selling car parts with a more complex module and some theme development
- a website for ordering pizza with self-developed content and some theme development
All those who got to the "finals" and participated in a project got good marks, with an average of 4,22 (from 5).