If something’s not specified, general C# guidelines apply: C# Coding Conventions and General Naming Conventions. Also see Orchard Code Conventions. The talk How To Design A Good API And Why It Matters is an evergreen as well as the .NET Framework Design Guidelines Digest.
- Best practices
- Code styling
- Naming conventions
- Rules of thumb for refactoring
- Inline documentation guidelines
- Code review guidelines
- Development environment advices
- Orchard performance optimization guidelines
- Updating your Orchard source
- Creating a new repository of the full Orchard source for your project
This page and many others here are part of the open source, portable package of Orchard goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!