Software development guidelines
If something’s not specified, general C# guidelines apply: C# Coding Conventions and General Naming Conventions. Also see Orchard Code Conventions. The talk How To Design A Good API And Why It Matters is an evergreen as well as the .NET Framework Design Guidelines Digest.
- Best practices
- Code styling
- Naming conventions
- Rules of thumb for refactoring
- Inline documentation guidelines
- Code review guidelines
- Development environment advice
- Orchard performance optimization guidelines
- Updating your Orchard source
- Creating a new repository of the full Orchard source for your project
This page is part of the Orchard Dojo Library!
This page and many others here are part of the open-source, portable package of Orchard 1.x goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library for Orchard 1.x. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!
Note that the Library also has an Orchard Core version, check it out here!