Intermediate content management
- Widgets in Layers
- Layers and layer rules, zones (theme anatomy)
- Adding new supported zones
- When to add widgets to content items (differences between Bag Part, Flow Part, Widgets List Part) and when to layers
- Demo: creating a new layer and an Html Widget
- Demo: creating a new content type with the Widget stereotype, add that to a Zone
- Exercise: creating NotTheHomepage layer and an Html Widget in the Footer zone in that layer
- Creating and editing a menu
- Adding and editing Link Menu Items and Content Menu Items
- Editing link hierarchy
- Comparison with Admin Menus
- Exercise: creating a menu with all kinds of items
- Media management
- Managing media with Media Library
- Inserting images into text fields
- For this, prepare suitable files. Pictures from the Wikipedia Cat article are included in the Attachments folder.
Time requirement: 1h 0m
Dependencies: Basic site management
Parent topic: Core concepts and basic usage
This page is part of the Orchard Dojo Library!
This page and many others here are part of the open-source, portable package of Orchard Core goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library for Orchard Core. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!
Note that the Library also has an Orchard 1.x version, check it out here!