The below topics are the core of what an Orchard developer should know. Other, less important items are listed under Extended APIs.
- Getting started with module development
- Basic techniques in module development
- Developing custom content
- Intermediate techniques in module development
- Advanced techniques in module development
- Complementary topics of module development
Most of this comes from Sipke Schoorstra’s Orchard Harvest session content (APIs, content part development).
We've created a demo module for the purpose of teaching all the topics here with well explained examples. See the Orchard Training Demo module.
The Orchard Cheat Sheet by Sébastien Ros is a great small API reference.
This page and many others here are part of the open source, portable package of Orchard goodies: the Orchard Dojo Library. The Library is freely accessible by anyone; just go to its repository to download its full content (you can even download the textual content of the Library as a big concatenated document in HTML), file issues or fork it! You can even edit it online on Bitbucket, just click on the Edit link in the upper right corner!